What is it? The Environ Cool Peel is described as a modern facial peel. Instead of the aggressive acid peels of old, which can strip away vital layers of the fragile epidermis, this uses a lower concentration of lactic acid over light, repetitive treatments. The aim is a more gentle but effective way to achieve healthier skin, with less redness and downtime too
- All skin types
- Particularly good for oily, acne or rosacea
- Thickened sun damaged skin
Benefits you can see
- Remove excess dead skin cells without damaging or striping the skin
- Thickens the epidermis of our skin
- Soften and smooths wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve skins radiance / natural moisture
- Reduces and prevents breakouts
- Will lighten superficial pigmentation
- Reduces redness
- Kills bacteria
Whats actually happening – Growth factors will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to tighten the skin reducing lines, wrinkles and making the skin plumper. Cool peels result in the release of TGF (Transforming growth factor) which is responsible for scar less healing.
Preparation for the cool peel.
- Clients must be using a Vitamin A cream for a minimum of 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Patch test 48 hours before.
- Skin not prepared with Vitamin A
- Excessive Sun bed users / recent exposure to the sun
- Diabetes or other major illness – doctors note required
- Radiation treatment
- Skin deasease like Porphyria
- Recent dermabrasion or laser resurfacing treatments
- Waxing of the area is not recommended 10 days before or after the peel.
Skin care after peeling
- Avoid sun exposure for minimum of 7 days
- Sunscreen must be worn daily
- No swimming in the sea or swimming pool for 24 hours
- Do not pick or rub the skin
- Avoid use of AHA or other exfoliating products for 48 hours
- Make up and normal skincare can be worn